Hey all! I hope I have given you some useful tips on how to be thrifty will getting away. If I have missed a topic you want covered, leave me a comment and I will see if I have any tricks!
This was at the butterfly farm in Branson, MO (we LOVE Branson)
To recap for you, here are my top tips for saving while traveling:
- Rent cars using autoslash
- Visit a location where a friend lives and use Hotel Tonight when you can
- Credit cards can be a great way to save on items like travel insurance
- Check Group On for deals in the cities you will be in
- Use your rewards!
And here are some random tips that could end up saving you even more!
- Roll your clothes when you pack. It saves you a ton of room and could end up in one less bag being checked
- Consider getting a hotel room with a kitchen (or renting a condo or VRBO when it makes sense). Having even one meal “at home” can save a lot of money.
- Even if you can’t get a place with a kitchen, go to a local grocery store and stock up on snacks and bottles or jugs of water. Another huge money saver.
- Check, check and re check airline prices before you go. I like using google flights (but make sure to check Allegiant and Southwest too…they aren’t listed on google flights). I find the cheapest deals are now on the weekends. And when you see a price you are happy with? BOOK it.
- If you aren’t set with going somewhere in particular and just want to get away then use the airlines specials. They offer great deals to certain destinations if you are flexible.
What about you? Do you have any tips for me? I would love to hear them!